Vision Times are proud sponsors of Willoughby’s Emerge Festival 2013-2018.
The Emerge Festival is the largest cultural and entertainment celebration on Sydney’s North Shore. The month long festival, held annually in September, features visual arts exhibitions, live entertainment, film and music performances, kids’ and youth events, cultural and community celebrations and more.
Starting with the street parade from 10.30am on Saturday 1 September, hundreds of members from community groups will dance and sing their way through the Chatswood CBD down Anderson Street and Victoria Avenue past The Concourse, finishing near Chatswood Chase.
The parade signals the start of one huge day of activities, demonstrations, food and fun.
Willoughby City Council Mayor Gail Giles-Gidney said this year’s program has been refreshed to be more exciting and diverse.
“The cooking demonstration stage, the musical performances, DJs, video gaming and fashion mean there’s something for all interests and age groups,” Mayor Giles-Gidney said.
The highlights include:
- Magical Lane – a fantasy world for little ones, including unicorn rides, farm animals, jumping castle and face painting
- Spring Vibes – DJs spinning tunes at the station level of Chatswood Interchange – the ultimate chill out zone.
- Esports Stage – gaming central for beginners and the most dedicated gaming and CosPlay enthusiasts
- Asian Inspirations Stage – cook up a storm with demonstrations from top chefs
- Kidzone – gymnastics, dance, hip hop shows and all that’s in for tweens
- The Concourse – circus, kung fu workshop, hip hop workshop, cheer leading workshops
- Willoughby’s Got Talent – the best concert and school bands from the North Shore.
- Market stalls selling locally made arts and crafts and gourmet world foods.
- Chatswood Chase – Cherry Blossom Garden